Blog #41





This is my entry for the Circus fabric of the week contest on Spoonflower. 

I knew that I wanted to at least include a few lions and a group on the flying trapeze, but apart from that I had no idea what I wanted. I ended up looking around on Flickr for some inspiration, and I came across wonderful black and white striped leggings. It led to the striped costumes on the lions. 

I looked at a lot of photos of trapeze artists in action to be sure and get the lions in the proper positions. After the initial drawings of the trapeze lions, I started to just wing it.

The high-wire act started out as two separate performers on different  tightropes, but they were making my repeat difficult. I was just going to cut one from the design, but then my brain started working. So, I combined the two acts.



Oh, and the juggler is just kinda there. Not much of a story on this guy he just showed up in an almost finished form from the first pencil sketch. He does remind me of an Oompa Loompa though. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contest Entry: Chocolate Gravy & Biscuits Tea Towel

Contest Entry: Otter Lace

Embroidered Drawstring Pouch