Blog #45

Fabric and paper bookmark made with my Nymph 2 fabric test swatch.
You can see where I whip-stitched the paper together to form the stiff base of the bookmark.

I sewed on the swatch of fabric with the edges folded under.


And here's a straight view of the front. 
The back of the bookmark was done by gluing on a plain piece of paper that I colored red with a marker.
I used this layer to cover over the backside of the stitches that held the fabric in place.
I laminated the paper by placing horizontal rows of clear tape all along the back without overlapping or leaving spaces.
I went back over the tape with a sharpie making the scale pattern using the horizontal lines to keep my design straight.
Over this I placed a second layer of tape in vertical rows to seal the design.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contest Entry: Chocolate Gravy & Biscuits Tea Towel

Contest Entry: Otter Lace

Embroidered Drawstring Pouch