Project Photos: Malibu Satchel

I got this neat little pattern from the Fabric Mutt blog for what she calls the Malibu Satchel. It's completely free and you don't have to download anything, as all the measurements for the pattern pieces and instructions are in the blog post. This is the bag that I made:


It started out with my mom giving me a pretty maxi skirt that she no longer wears. The floral material is gorgeous but sheer with a separate solid black underlayer. They had to be used together as the main outer layer. The lining and accent fabric is the matte side of a navy satin, while the strap is a simple grosgrain ribbon.


The back of the bag. You can see that I just stitched the straps onto the bag instead of using the detachable clips. The top carrying strap was omitted altogether.


A cellphone pocket was also added onto the front of the bag under the flap to be easily accessable.


Here you can see my old school flip phone trying to make the pocket a little more visible in this dark fabric.


The inside of the bag with the large interior pocket.


The quilt label that I used as a tag and a small unlined pocket.


Thanks to Fabric Mutt for the free pattern!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contest Entry: Chocolate Gravy & Biscuits Tea Towel

Contest Entry: Otter Lace

Embroidered Drawstring Pouch