Contest Entry: Coloring Book Fox and Mushrooms



Spoonflower + Lake Present:
The Lake Black and White Coloring BookDesign Challenge

This week, we’re challenging you to create a design inspired a favorite childhood activity: coloring books! We’ve partnered with Lake, an interactive coloring app. The winners will be included in a special black and white Spoonflower coloring pack in the Lake coloring app. Create a design in black (#000000) on a white (#ffffff) background.

Coloring Book Fox and Mushrooms

So this week I went for a fun fox and mushroom design. It has lots of little elements to color, and I can confirm that it's fun as I have done several different color versions like the one at the top.


So this design started out in my sketchbook. You can really tell I wasn't sure about how to divide the color areas. So I retraced the design and modified it a little, and then I taped the tracing paper to a piece of paper and scanned them both in.

The majority of the work started by coloring and overlaying the two sketches. I then drew over the two in black purely on the computer where I could erase and redo until I ended up with something that I liked.


The sketches of the mushrooms were treated similarly just to keep the lines looking a little more consistent than my hand drawn work. This did give me a lot more versatility when it came to arranging them around the completed fox. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contest Entry: Chocolate Gravy & Biscuits Tea Towel

Contest Entry: Otter Lace

Blog #12: Rice Sock Tutorial