Contest Entry: Gray Bird Block Print

Spoonflower Presents 
The Botanical Block Print Design Challenge

Do you spend your weekends venturing to local botanical gardens, dreaming of the next oversized houseplant to make its way into your home? This week’s challenge will be the cure to your leafy green obsession. While you are not required to block print for this challenge, your entry should be inspired by the block printing technique.


https://www.spoonflower.com/designs/6870222-gray-bird-block-print-by-pond_ripple
Gray Bird Block Print
This is my entry for this week's contest. The botanical block print that I did was just from computer edited sketches. I did think of going all the way and making a real block printing. In the end it seemed like a week just wouldn't be enough time to learn how to do the carving, purchase all the supplies, and be able to make a good quality printing.

So I drew up several different elements and stitched them together on the computer. What I ended up with was a pair of "blocks" that with birds that mirrored each other with slightly different flowers. In reality if I were to make this it would have taken 8 blocks as I would have had to print each color separately.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contest Entry: Chocolate Gravy & Biscuits Tea Towel

Contest Entry: Otter Lace

Embroidered Drawstring Pouch