Blog #28

It's been awhile since I've made anything with my fabrics, since I've been out of thread. But yesterday I got a wonderful surprise, my mom brought over a stash of thread that had just been sitting around in a desk at her office. And when I say a stash I mean 21 spools of thread! They are all made in Great Britain and have great names like 'gay kingfisher' and 'frivolous pink.'




Now that I've got wondrous amounts of beautiful thread, I'm back in the making business! My first project is a bookmark using my Yeti fabric and some thick drawing paper. I doubled over the paper and turned my unevenly cut edges in and I whip-stitched it closed before sewing on the Yeti fabric. So now it's all finished and saving my place as I work my way through The Iliad and The Odyssey.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contest Entry: Chocolate Gravy & Biscuits Tea Towel

Contest Entry: Otter Lace

Blog #12: Rice Sock Tutorial