Blog #30

Richard and the Potholder
This weekend I made a lovely potholder out of my Fleur-calm pastels fabric. The potholder is a mite bit unpractical since the fabric was silk crepe de chine. That's right, a silk potholder! And of course I didn't have batting so I used pillow stuffing and quilted lines to keep the stuffing from bunching. 

So far, and quite surprisingly, it works great. I have some doubts about what to do when it gets something on it. I know the silk is dry-clean only, but taking a potholder to be dry-cleaned does seem a little nuts.

Closer view


Popular posts from this blog

Project Photos: Undercover Maker Mat

Contest Entry: Fox & Rabbit Watercolor

Project Photos: DIY Cat Bed Tutorial