Blog #31


I'm finally figuring out how to get the most out of my fabric scraps.  Most of my Golden Sea Serpent swatch went into a messenger bag. There was only a thin strip left, and I ended up making a fabric button and a cat toy. The button was easier to make than I thought. Basically it works just like covering a small sewing button. Just cut out a circle a little larger than the button do a large, loose running stitch all the way around. When you reach the place you started, with the fabric on the button the way you want, pull the thread so that it gathers like a drawstring bag. When you have it as tight as you can get it, secure the end with a knot or several backstitches. To tidy up the edges whip-stitch the edges all the way around a couple of times.
Button Back

Button Front


Detail of Mouse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contest Entry: Chocolate Gravy & Biscuits Tea Towel

Contest Entry: Otter Lace

Blog #12: Rice Sock Tutorial