The medieval embroidered pouch that I wrote about here needed a little something extra to make it complete. Even before I started on this project, a row of little coordinated tassels was up on the agenda, but the thought of making them was intimidating. After cruising around on Pinterest several times looking for tutorials, I thought I had the general idea down, and set about making a few simple tassels. The tops of my tassels were frankly, a bit of a mess. Fortunately I planned to cover up that sad poof with this DIY.
Even more fortunately, I started trying to make my fancy buttonhole stitched top on a throwaway tassel (above). It took a lot of sewing and unsewing, stitch tutorial videos and frustration, a process that did some damage to that poor gray thing. Finally I figured it out, and got down to the real business of making my delicate looking black tops.
Here you can see the unfinished top of one of my green tassels along with the embellished ones. The one on the far left shows how it looked before being attached to the corner of the bag. And all the photos below are of the completed project.