Contest Entry: Pumpkin Pie Tea Towel

Grandma’s Kitchen
In the South, there’s such a tradition of passing down prized family recipes, and tea towels are a beautiful way to preserve this aspect of family heritage. This week’s design challenge is your chance to transform your treasured handwritten recipes into tea towels, and these crafty creations are perfect for everyday use and as gifts to family around the holidays. Deadline to enter is October 4th, 2016.

Pumpkin Pie Towel

This is my entry into the contest. This pie is my childhood favorite and I'm usually the one volunteering to make it for every major holiday. It's basically our family's official spin on the classic Libby's recipe: lots of fresh pumpkin, heavy on the spices, and featuring a toasted marshmallow topping. I was in my twenties before I realized that most people don't do the marshmallow bit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contest Entry: Chocolate Gravy & Biscuits Tea Towel

Contest Entry: Otter Lace

Blog #12: Rice Sock Tutorial