Blog #25

When my dad got the rice sock that I made him, he made a very interesting remark. He said that there is a danger of the rice sock getting wet and exploding. Although I laughed at the ridiculousness of the statement, I just had to try it for myself and see. . .

Trial 1: dry sock
Trial 1: rice sock in warm water
Trial 1 Result: Wet rice sock, no damage
Trial 2: second soak in warm water
Trial 2: longer exposure to water
Trial 2 Result: Wet rice sock no damage
Basically it just doesn't explode. The closest thing to blowing up was the fact that it held an air pocket, similar to swim trunks in a swimming pool, when it went into the water. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contest Entry: Chocolate Gravy & Biscuits Tea Towel

Contest Entry: Otter Lace

Blog #12: Rice Sock Tutorial